Weekends.
Weekends seem to go by far too quickly. However, despite it feeling like the days sped by, Allen and I were pretty productive this weekend.
After work, on Friday night, we dropped by Allen's parents' house, since we hadn't been over there in a couple weeks. On the way home, we picked up some pizza from our nearby, cheep-o, Little Caesars. It hit the spot. Since the weather has cooled down, and we are determined to go as long as possible without turning on the heat, we went upstairs after dinner and crawled into our warm bed. For the past couple weeks, we have been trying to catch up on one of our favorite shows, LOST. So, before falling asleep, we watched a couple episodes on Allen's laptop. Wow. Last season was crazy!
Anyway (how are you liking my play-by-play of the weekend so far?), on Saturday morning we slept in. That was sooooo wonderful! There's nothing like feeling cool, crisp air on your face, but feeling warm and toasty under the covers and knowing you don't have to get up if you don't want to! I love it! However, it is hard for me to lay there too long on Saturdays, because I start thinking of everything we need/get to do on our free day. So, after throwing on my big robe and slipping my feet into some soft slippers, Allen and I went downstairs to make breakfast and hot tea (well, I drank the hot tea, Allen didn't want any).
When all was said and done in the kitchen, we started our main project for the day. Currently, we are in the midst of transforming our entry/hall way from wood crown molding, chair rail, baseboard, doors, and windows to white paint, and painting the walls. We have already done that in the living room, but are slowly making our way through the remainder of the main level. It is a lot of work (frequently tedious and sometimes boring), but we get so excited as we see the transformation happen before our eyes.
Eventually we got to a point where Allen had to make some minor repairs before we could move on, so I took advantage of my freedom, and headed to the mall! Since we've bought the house, I haven't had many opportunities to just go out and shop for fun since we've spent most of our time doing house-related things during our free time. It felt so good to be able to just browse. I did use a gift card, which had been burning a hole in my purse for a while, to purchase a new sweater for fall, so that was fun!
After returning home, I pulled out my calligraphy pen, turned on HGTV (because I like to listen to something while I work) and spent some time addressing envelopes for my sister, Anna's, upcoming marriage. My hand started to get tired around the same time Allen finished cleaning up from painting, so we sat down and enjoyed dinner, and then finished watching the final episode of LOST.
On Sunday morning (Are you still with me? Is this completely boring to you?), Allen and I hopped out of bed and got ready for church (despite our violent shivers!). After spending some time worshiping and listening to a good message, we chatted with some friends and then headed to Costco to pick up a space heater! Woohoo! So, now we can still go without turning on our heat, but warm up whenever we want. After stopping by the grocery store, we finally made it home and ate some lunch. With full bellies (can you tell I spend most of my time with 1 year olds?), we changed into our painting clothes and did more work on hall. By the end of the night we had finished everything but the final coat of trim paint. I can't wait to see the final product! We took some "before" pictures, so when we're done, I'll post both "before" and "after" shots. Finally, we went to bed very tired, but satisfied with our weekend.
Thanks for reliving my weekend with me! I hope you enjoyed yours!
Toodleloo!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Weekend Happinings.
Posted by Mandi at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
hey mandi~ i'm so glad that you started a blog (i saw your recent facebook status, and am finally making my way over). i enjoy reading your insights on life. :)
Amanda,
I really enjoyed our weekend together. I love you.
Allen
Post a Comment