Hello, friends!
I hope you are staying bundled up today! It is so chilly outside, here in Georgia! It's a perfect day for soup! Tonight, I am going to be making Allen and myself some warm chicken noodle soup, so we can heat up from the inside out. :-)
Although I have a Chicken Noodle Soup recipe that I've enjoyed using in the past, tonight, I am going to be trying a new one from one of my favorite websites, Allrecipes.com. You may have run across this site, yourself, while looking for a specific recipe online. I used to see it as I perused various recipe sites, and frequently found myself choosing my final recipe from it. After several months, I noticed that 95% of the recipes I had bookmarked were from Allrecipes.com. Now, instead of wasting my time Googling recipes, I go directly to my favorite place.
The feature that attracts me the most to Allrecipes, is the plethora of reviews and ratings that accompany the recipes. Fellow cooks share their thoughts on the recipes and how they've tweaked it to make it as close to perfect as possible. I love reading these helpful hints, and I have learned so much by simply reading these extra reviews!
Have you ever had a day when you didn't feel like trekking out to the grocery store, and wanted to make a nice home-cooked meal with the ingredients already in your fridge and pantry? Well, Allrecipes has a wonderful tool to assist you on those days. You simply list the ingredients you want to use, and Allrecipes shows you a list of all the recipes in their databases that contain those items. Brilliant! I love that tool, and have used it on several occasions.
Anyway, I'll let you know how my new recipe turns out!
Have a wonderful, cool, October day! Stay warm!
Toodleloo!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Allrecipes.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
i completely agree...i definitely feel confident choosing a recipe from this site because of the reviews. they are so helpful!
another website with tasty recipes is www.williams-sonoma.com. i made their pumpkin bread (minus the dates) this weekend and it was a perfect fall treat. :)
Ooooo. Thank you for that recommendation. I'll have to check it out!
Post a Comment