Ahh...politics.
This morning I am rather sleepy after staying up late watching the final Presidential debate. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had just gone to bed after it was over, but that wasn't the case. Allen and I then felt the need to listen to (and argue with) the opinions of the analysts on our favorite news channel. We have become serious political nerds.
I don't plan on regularly using this page as a platform for my political views, but it is something important to me, and I believe that this election marks a critical turning point for our country.
I am afraid of what our country will become if Obama becomes president. I'll be honest and tell you that I'm not completely gung ho for McCain either. I'd probably be casting my vote for Bob Barr, if I knew he could win. However, I don't want to be silly and take away a vote from the man who currently has the best chance of winning and representing my stance on many important issues.
I am all about having as little government involved in my life as possible. Obama's plans and solutions only seem to tighten the grip of government on our personal lives. Do you know what scares me? I'm worried that our country has become lazy. People don't want to think for themselves or suffer consequences for bad decisions. They would rather have someone like Obama tell them what to do and give them handouts. That kind of attitude is reminiscent of of a young child who thrives on schedules and boundaries. However, the attitude doesn't reflect that once the child is mature, the parents' control rightly becomes almost non-existent, and the grown child is free to enjoy life by making decisions for himself/herself. I hope Americans really reflect on their freedoms as this election draws near, and choose to vote for someone who will help preserve them.
Thank you for letting me sit on my soap box for a moment.
Until we meet again, enjoy this video that I found interesting and amusing.
Toodleloo!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
A Minute on My Soapbox.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I completely understand. I fear big government too and the leanings towards socialism. It's terrifying to watch people embrace it. They have no idea of the consequences, they just want a quick fix. Levi and I sit around and argue with analysts sometimes too though now we're mostly sick of politics. Maybe Christ will return really, really soon. =)
Post a Comment