Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sipping My Chai.

Today is such a beautiful, blustery day. I love it! The sky was gorgeous this morning as the sun rays bounced off of the low clouds and washed the sky with pink. It truly feels like fall on this crisp morning! Fall excites me! I feel energized and renewed. It makes me want to throw an apple crisp in the oven, make some soup, rake some leaves, light a candle, cozy up next to a fire with my hubby, write a book, read a book, paint a picture, and sip some chai.

This was a perfect morning to make myself a cup of hot chai tea. After laying the boys down for their morning nap, I quickly heated up some water and infused it with my chai tea bag that I had brought from home. Once it had steeped (for a little longer than I had intended), I added a bit of sugar and some cream. Delish! My favorite chai is in the Tazo Chai Latte from Starbucks. But now that I no longer work there (and receive the wonderful discount), I only enjoy that special treat every couple months. In the meantime, I satisfy my craving with some homemade chai. Chai warms my mind and soul. Ahhh...

Toodleloo!

2 comments:

Evie's Story said...

MAaaaaaandi........found you through a long trail of mutual old friends. Fun to see a recent picture and a glimpse of your life. What are you up to now?...besides keeping up with the two adorable boys? Married I see - blessings!!! Would love to catch up - through cyberspace anyway:-)
Mandy Scheidt Smith

JShaffer said...

Mandi!!!! How exciting to hear from you! Isn't it fun to reconnect with dear sweet friends?! Congratulations on your marriage and now I have a million more questions..... We should probably just email, the blogosphere may be a bit too public of a forum. Please send me a line when you have a minute - lisa@jlshaffer.net I can't wait to get caught up!
Love,
Lisa