Friday, October 17, 2008

To Love My Husband.

A little less than a year ago, my church started a ministry for women called "Titus 2." It consists of several groups of 6-8 women, and meets on various days of the week, once a month. This ministry was designed as a response to Titus 2 which instructs older women to teach younger women to "love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." Each month we focus on a one specific aspect of our role as Christian women (it varies from month to month). I really enjoy our monthly meetings, and am frequently challenged by the testimonies of the other ladies in my group as they share how the Lord is working in their lives.

My Titus2 group, minus our leader, Carol, who took the picture.
(We're all wearing red for Valentine's Day.)

During our October meeting, last night, I was particularly challenged as we discussed our role as wives. We are called by God to be supporting and encouraging, responsible, faithful, and loving to our husbands. During our conversation, I was convicted of the way I sometimes treat Allen. I can be critical when I should be encouraging. I love my husband so incredibly much, but my actions are not always reflective of that love. Recently, while reading
By Design (a book we're reading through as a group), I was reminded that women have so much influence over the success of their husbands. We have the power to enable them with confidence and love to make an influence in society. Likewise, we have the power to hinder our husbands by occupying their minds with our trivial concerns and pulling from their energy, rather than giving them energy. It can be so easy to get consumed with my own priorities, but I desire to be the biggest cheerleader for the man I committed myself to for the rest of my life. It is my prayer that the Lord will give me wisdom in how to best love and support my husband.

My best friend.

After a long and busy week, Allen and I are looking forward to a weekend together at home, working on projects around the house, spending some time just relaxing and hanging out, and enjoying the wonderful fall weather that is supposed to grace us tomorrow. Weekends are wonderful! Enjoy yours!

Toodleloo!

0 comments: